What is the EV Chargepoint Grant? And do I Qualify?
The EV Chargepoint Grant grant is a government grant for electric cars provided by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), The EV chargepoint grant provides funding, you can get either £350 or 75% off the cost to buy and install a socket, whichever amount is lower. It replaces the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) from 1 April 2022. The EV Chargepoint grant is available for most electric cars and plug in hybrid cars (emissions below 50g/km).
To qualify for the OZEV grant you must meet the following criteria
- Live in a rented property or own a flat.
- Have dedicated off-street parking.
- Own, lease or have use of an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle eligible for the grant.
- Not have already claimed the grant (either the EV chargepoint grant or the previous EVHS grant) for your EV.
Additionally, please note that you can no longer claim for 2 chargepoints if you own a second EV. Get in touch with us to send a short survey for you to complete, this will enable us send an estimate for your charge point installation.
See full qualifying criteria, including vehicle and property requirements, on the government website. the grant is available for
- Homeowners who live in flats.
- People living in rental accommodation (flats and single-use properties).
If you live in a flat with dedicated off-street parking, we ask you to get in touch with your property manager as they may be able to claim an additional £500 towards the cost of installing infrastructure for you and your neighbours via the upcoming Car Park Grant.
OZEV cannot provide bespoke advice on eligibility. Customers should consult with an approved EVHS installer regarding their individual circumstances and if they qualify.